Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Inspector/Plan Reviewer
Hudson Essex Passaic Soil Conservation District – Bloomfield, NJ
8 am – 4 pm, M – F, Salary $40,000 ++ commensurate with experience
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays/Personal/Sick Days
- NJ State Pension
- Provide oversight to ensure that construction projects implement the State of NJ’s Soil Erosion & Sediment Control standards, including storm water management, air quality compliance, and Best Management Practices
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies including local municipalities, state, and federal agencies as needed
- Organization of paperwork, files, and records
- Travel to sites to perform inspections within Essex, Passaic, & Hudson counties
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle/Valid driver’s license
- Travel/walk on uneven and unpaved surfaces
- Private vehicle to travel to construction sites / Mileage reimbursed at Federal Level (currently $.575/mile)
- Strong organizational, computer, reporting and communication skills
- Experience with soils and/or erosion control/water resources
- College degree in agriculture/natural resources/geosciences or a related field
- Knowledge of construction practices
Submit resume via mail or e-mail to: Hudson Essex Passaic Soil Conservation District
80 Orchard St.
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
The Hudson Essex Passaic Soil Conservation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Age, Handicap, or National Origin.