Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Inspector/Plan Reviewer
Hudson Essex Passaic Soil Conservation District – Bloomfield, NJ
8 am – 4 pm, M – F, Salary $40,000 ++ commensurate with experience
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays/Personal/Sick Days
- NJ State Pension
- Provide oversight to ensure that construction projects implement the State of NJ’s Soil Erosion & Sediment Control standards, including storm water management, air quality compliance, and Best Management Practices
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies including local municipalities, state, and federal agencies as needed
- Organization of paperwork, files, and records
- Travel to sites to perform inspections within Essex, Passaic, & Hudson counties
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle/Valid driver’s license
- Travel/walk on uneven and unpaved surfaces
- Private vehicle to travel to construction sites / Mileage reimbursed at Federal Level (currently $.575/mile)
- Strong organizational, computer, reporting and communication skills
- Experience with soils and/or erosion control/water resources
- College degree in agriculture/natural resources/geosciences or a related field
- Knowledge of construction practices
Submit resume via mail or e-mail to: Hudson Essex Passaic Soil Conservation District
80 Orchard St.
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
The Hudson Essex Passaic Soil Conservation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to Race, Creed, Color, Sex, Age, Handicap, or National Origin.
For more information, please see the full notice
To join the meeting 4/27/20 at 7pm, dial 1-800-768-2983 and enter participation code 3937163
The contest brochure & application are now available. The theme is “Where Would We BEE Without Pollinators”. Please visit our conservation education page for more information. http://hepsoilnj.org/conservation-education/
Open to current university students having completed at least 4 semesters towards and environmental degree. Deadline is May 1, 2020. Download the announcement and application.
Rutgers Cooperative Extension has announced the opening of a new high tunnel greenhouse structure at the Passaic County Golf Course. The high tunnel was funded through a grant from the National Association of Conservation Districts under the Urban Agriculture Conservation Initiative. RCE partnered with the Hudson Essex Passaic Soil Conservation District to apply for the grant. More
Effective May 6, 2019: The HEPSCD requests 3 copies of the Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Plan and Details. A single set of civil drawings is requested for review and reference.
The NJ State Soil Conservation Committee has updated the application form to reflect the 2017 Soil Restoration Standard. Please download the most current form. Use of outdated forms may delay approvals.
The Start Notice is required 48-hour notice can now be provided online. Please reference your certification letter issued by the Hudson Essex Passaic Soil Conservation District when filling out the form in order to correctly submit the ID and project name.
If you want to reach the reviewer/inspector for your specific project, please visit this page to find contact information and the list of municipalities handled by each reviewer/inspector.
The NJ Department of Agriculture has introduced a new website, https://findjerseyfresh.com/ , to make it easy to find Jersey Fresh produce. Find out what is locally available, discover agritourism in NJ, and more.