Intern-Soil Erosion and Sediment Control
Part time-$13.00 hourly rate
8:30am to 4pm, Monday through Friday (summer months)
Location: District Office, 80 Orchard St, Bloomfield, NJ
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle/valid driver’s license
- Travel/walk on uneven surfaces
- Private vehicle to travel to construction sites. Mileage reimbursed at the Federal level (currently $.58/mile)
- Strong organizational, computer, reporting and communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Professional and positive attitude
- Environmental studies/soil science
- Knowledge of construction practices
- Administrative/office work (copying, mailings, phone, etc.)
- Basic inspections of construction sites to assist staff inspectors
- Computer entry
- Organization of files
*This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties for this position.
*The position may lead to further part time employment during the school year.
The Hudson Essex Passaic Soil Conservation District is a special purpose subdivision of the State of New Jersey Dept of Ag: Division of Ag & Natural Resources. HEPSCD is one of 15 soil conservation districts in New Jersey empowered to conserve and manage soil and water resources in cooperation with the State Soil Conservation Committee. The District addresses stormwater, soil erosion and sedimentation issues that result from land disturbance activities (primarily construction). The mission of the New Jersey Conservation Partnership is to provide leadership in the planning and implementation of natural resource management programs for the agricultural and development communities and the general public through a locally based delivery system in coordination with local, state and federal partners.
Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration to:
Hudson Essex Passaic Soil Conservation District
80 Orchard Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003