Soil Erosion & Sediment Control Inspector
Hudson-Essex-Passaic Soil Conservation District – Bloomfield, NJ
8 am – 4 pm, M – F, Salary $40,000 + commensurate with experience
The Hudson-Essex-Passaic Soil Conservation District (HEPSCD) is a special purpose subdivision of the State of NJ, Dept. of Agriculture; Division of Agriculture & Natural Resources. The District addresses stormwater, soil erosion and sedimentation issues that result from land disturbance activities (primarily construction).
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays/Personal/Sick Days
- NJ State Pension
- Provide oversight to ensure that construction projects implement the State of NJ’s Soil Erosion & Sediment Control standards, including storm water management, air quality compliance, and Best Management Practices
- Coordinate with regulatory agencies including local municipalities, state, and federal agencies as needed
- Organization of paperwork, files, and records
- Travel to sites to perform inspections within Essex, Passaic, & Hudson counties
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle/Valid driver’s license
- Travel/walk on uneven and unpaved surfaces
- Private vehicle to travel to construction sites / Mileage reimbursed at Federal Level (currently $.625/mile)
- Strong organizational, computer, reporting and communication skills
- Experience with soils and/or erosion control/water resources
- College degree in agriculture/natural resources/geosciences or a related field
- Knowledge of construction practices
Submit resume via mail or e-mail to: Hudson Essex Passaic Soil Conservation District
80 Orchard St.
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
The Hudson Essex Passaic Soil Conservation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.